The God and Church curriculum is designed to lead youth on a three part faith journey.
- To strengthen young people’s relationship with Christ
- To challenge young people to learn about and participate in the worship and ministry of the church
- To have young people make a plan for daily Bible reading and memorize a creed or statement of belief or passage of scripture
- To provide the opportunity for young people to experience the joy of serving others
The three parts of the faith journey will be: meeting Jesus, worshiping God, and witnessing and ministering for Christ. Participants will create either a video or a photo album to share what they have learned on their faith journeys. Young people will have the opportunity to work with their pastor or other Christian adult as they study the church's structures and objectives and participate in service projects that will give them a better understanding of the mission of the church.
(Full requirements are found in the P.R.A.Y. Booklets)
God Promises to be with Joshua as Joshua Leads the People of God into the Promised Land – Joshua 1:1-9
UNIT I – MY JOURNEY: MEETING CHRIST
- Meeting Jesus, the Person
- Meeting Jesus, the Son of God
- Meeting Jesus, the Head of the Church
- Project: Daily Bible Reading
UNIT II – MY JOURNEY: WORSHIPING GOD
- Learning how Christ Worshiped God
- Exploring How My Congregation Worships God
- Discovering How I Can Worship God
UNIT III – MY JOURNEY: WITNESSING AND MINISTERING FOR CHRIST
- Learning How Christ Witnessed and Ministered to Others
- How My Congregation Witnesses and Ministers to Others
- Discovering How I Can Witness and Minister to Others
The God and Church curriculum was developed without theological bias; yet it was designed to permit the introduction of particular theological and denominational viewpoints on the material being studied. It is the responsibility of the counselor to provide this specific instruction. Therefore all students use the standard God and Church curriculum regardless of church membership.
It is at the God and Church level (when students study their specific denomination), that the following denominational logos are available on 3/4" Pins to be pinned into the ribbon of the God and Church medallion: African Methodist Episcopal, Anglican (ACNA), Baptist, Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Episcopal, Lutheran, Nazarene, Pentecostal, Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), Presbyterian Church in America, and United Methodist. Information on ordering these recognition items is contained in the Student Workbook. (Note: These denominational items are available only at the God and Church level.)