Religious Emblems Coordinator (REC) positions exist at the Council, District and Unit levels. The REC’s are responsible for educating, motivating, evaluating, and expanding the usage of the religious emblems programs.
Purpose of REC:
- Encourage all youth to earn the emblem of their faith
- Promote religious emblems usage like BSA promotes other youth advancement
- Establish goals and track the number of religious emblems to be completed every year
Rationale for REC:
Baden-Powell stated, "No man is much good unless he believes in God and obeys His laws. So every Scout should have a religion….Religion seems a very simple thing: First: Love and Serve God. Second: Love and serve your neighbor." (Scouting For Boys, 1908)
- Reinforce BSA values through religious emblems
- Improve relationships with religious chartered partners
- Establish relationships with potential Religious partners
Expectations and Responsibilities of the REC:
- Become familiar with the REC position, rationale, and responsibilities
- Gather promotional resources on Religious Emblems
- Make your Plan of Work: set goals, recruit presenters, schedule presentations
- Stay Connected: sign up for email updates and spread the word!